Tuesday, July 14, 2009

look! (maranda & john) {waco family photographer}

ok, so when I post a sneak peak on the blog, I pick out a few of my absolute favs from the session-- the ones that I absolutely, positively can't let people miss. Then I edit those and post.

This session was different. My first run-through consisted of 40, yes 40, absolute favs. Seriously?! But really, gorgeoous parents, gorgeous kiddo-- the love was a' flowin', just like the sweat.

The reason this crazy post took so long (sorry, guys) was because I edited them all! What was I thinking? I just couldn't choose. If you know me at all, you know that decisiveness is not my strong suit (ie- where do you wanna go? I dunno, where do you wanna go? I don't care, where do you... you get the point).

At the end of the day (blog), this is just my explaination as to why I have a million-image sneak- peak.

Husbands/ Boyfriends/ Sig Others, TAKE NOTE! John bought Maranda the (surprise) session for their 6- year anniversary. So thoughtful!


We had a great time chasing around sweet little "J", didn't we? Hope you guys didn't smell as bad as I did afterwards!:)























21 comments:

  1. AWESOME pics of one of my very favorite families! They are adorable!!! Love you guys - LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki! We are friends with John and Maranda and just wanted to say that I love all of them! Especially the black and whites! They're my fav! And even in the heat, they turned out great! - Lauren Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these pictures!! Where were they taken? - Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those, they are so cute. Beautiful family and wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love these pictures!You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! How could it not be? The cutest family EVER. I love the one of just the 3 of your faces in black/white. How sweet! Great job on the surprise, John!
    <3 Camille

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! you captured Jake's spirit to the T!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love these - beautiful. what a great photographer and photo editor - and wonderful subjects. my favorite is the one of jake peeping through the rails on the bridge. what a thoughtful gift. looks like good times! :)

    Love,

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome. Jake is a cute little model!
    You do great work!

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. nikki - you did a great job on these photos! maranda is one of my friends from school - small world! :) hope all is well with you and your little family!!!

    Charlsie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a BEAUTIFUL family!! Jake is like the perfect combo of you two!! I love all the pictures, and the photographer did such a great job. I love candid shots.

    ~Kandace

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME pics! LOVE the one of Jake on his tip-toes on the bridge - so freakin' cute!! Good luck picking out photos to buy Maranda!

    --Dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pics are great. Love the one with you guys laying down looking at Jake. Cute!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone for the sweet comments, and thanks for checking out our pictures! I HIGHLY recommend Nikki for any pictures you need taken, she is awesome and so fun to work with!!!

    ~Maranda~

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys are the cutest little family. These pictures show "who" yall really are. I like the "non-poised pics so much!!! Great anniversary gift!!! Thanks for sharing- Cheyenne Neal, Iowa Park, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful pictures! I love the one where jake's the cream filling in the oreo Mommy-Daddy head sandwich!!! Priceless!!! Y'all are a beautiful family both inside and out! - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maranda!! These are beautiful - I can't belive how big Jake is getting! She really captured his personality! I like the one of the 3 of you lying down kissing his cheek...:) Love you guys! Lindsay & Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pics. She did a great job. Love the one with all three of you laying down in black and white. Maybe Britt can take a lesson from John.
    Joshelyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. I Love the pictures, I can't wait to choose mine!!

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful pictures! I'm so proud of my son's family, and his thoughtfulness!!!

    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these photos! My favorite is the black and white of the three laying down and all you see is their faces with little Jake in the middle! So precious!

    ReplyDelete